Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

So today is the 4th of July. Hubby is at work and one of the kids is still asleep. We have a party to go to tonight...the kids are super excited to see their friend Z.

I did alright over the week, a couple of slip ups, but the diet is coming along. Those first few days without sugar, carbs, etc. are hard. Yesterday I wasn't missing them and I think by tomorrow I will have the energy to start the exercise program. Feeling a little less bloated, but not willing to take measurements as of yet. (I want to feel like I've actually accomplished something, so I will wait until Monday

I just got the boys back on track with "school" but we always take holidays off. I think I will suggest watching the Revolutionary War DVD in honor of the 4th. Fits with the day and is not "work". That will keep us going.

The kids willingly (meaning without a bribe) helped clean house yesterday. Yes, take your time, read it again. We made a list, turned up some rockin' tunes and cleaned for a hour together. They did a great job. N is usually willing to help to an extent, but A really got into it yesterday. He cleaned up his games, watered the garden, picked up toys from all over the house and got on his knees and cleaned all the baseboards! He thought that was FUN! Let's hope we can make this a regular event.

I'm making some homemade chicken broth right now. Smells so good. I've been out for a while. I make a huge batch, drain all the bones and spices, then reduce it until its about 1/6 of original. After refrigeration, its like broth jello. I freeze in small portions, then reconstitute. Takes up a lot less room by doing it this way. And so much healthier that the store bought loaded with sodium crap.

Well, N just came in a said "You're STILL on the computer???" Guess a shower would be in order about now.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: