Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Strength Within

I have written about my boys and the struggle they have when they get angry. The testosterone rages and it's real tough for a young boy to learn to control his anger.

The other day, I was talking with A about the importance of what's on the inside versus what's on the outside.

He was pretty articulate in telling me that popular people think the outside is more important than the inside. He also understood that the strength of confidence came from within. We expanded on the conversation.

Since he has been trying to get his way by throwing a fit lately, I decided this was a good time to talk about controlling one's temper.

I said to him: You know, it take a really strong boy to be able to control his temper. (Strong is something he strives for these days)

My skinny little boy, whose waist my hands fit around, says to me: Yeah, when I get mad it's like a SUMO WRESTLER trying to get out!!!!



Knowing my boy, he's right on target. I'm glad he understands the enormity of anger.


The ability to control one's anger shows more strength than giving into the fight.




No comments: